Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Just Another Day in the NA

We had a nice start to our day when our earliest class allowed us to sleep in an extra half hour. Normally one would be excited about this and I was, but of course I was still awake at my normal time! Sleep is weird here, I don’t sleep well here at all and based on conversations with others, they don’t either. Get it while you can! I brought a pillow and a blanket to use on my bed, I’m particular about pillows and I am glad I brought mine.

Classes went well today again, we are starting to have discussions about how we integrate back home with all that we have learned here. How fast do we try and change our departments for the better haha. Like everything else here, the people get it. They realize a slow change, starting small is the best way.

EJ O’Malley is literally trying to kill us. I don’t know anyone in my section who has a problem with it though! He is always fun and motivating. He comes across as almost a character of himself, but after a few weeks realize he is genuinely nuts haha! By far, he will be the instructor I miss the most and I am not alone in that belief.

So last night we did our first leg of the NA Triathlon, one of our counselors does them (Ironmans no less) and he has organized a butt whooping. I struggled through his course.
18.6 miles on the bike (with hills!)
4.4 miles running through the FBI grounds
650 meter swim

I was beat last night and I have 2 more nights of it to go! Pray for me. I learned a hard lesson last night about electrolytes when I cramped up something fierce in the pool. Today I will try and plan a little better.

My favorite part of the day though was FaceTiming the kids, they are super excited to come here and visit next week. Having my in laws live so close makes life so much easier! I should be able to sneak away and go see them a bunch next week as our schedule lightens up considerably.

Steps 19,770 = 9.5 miles

Triathlon rules

No joke, here is the bike and run stuff. Bike was killer.

Day 1 and these fellas were working the bike section of our triathlon. It was tough!

2 comments:

  1. Hope are you surviving day 2! I thought that was you in the black shirt, but he's wearing a wedding ring like a good husband! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now! I’m not even in that picture! I’m wearing it more then I ever have, but no way could I wear it while doing this!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...