Thursday, January 25, 2018

Feeling the Burn

The swimming miles are starting to add up and take a tole on me. I was tired today, got my mile in barely. Not sure if it was the challenge run yesterday or the fact that we had free beer for a bit in the Boardroom last night after the Memorial snafu? ;-). Truth is, I ate more for dinner last night then I have in a long time and it wasn’t exactly good for me, so that is why I was so sluggish today. Mr. O’Malley killed us again today, I am looking forward to a weekend of rest-no working out! We did some King Salmons-that’s what he calls them anyway. You push a 100lb sandbag on a towel the length of a basketball court. It was fun! There were a bunch of other stuff too, I really enjoy his classes.

Classes went smooth today. Had a very good guest teacher who presented on Critical Thinking. I learned a lot in there today. It’s all about asking questions. It was something I can take home and implement at my office. The best thinkers ask questions!

I represented our group in a short presentation in my Essentials class this am. It was nice to talk for a little bit about challenges of heading an agency. Tomorrow my talking continues. I have a live interview in my Media class!

This weekend I’m off to Baltimore to see some family and go to the Orioles Fan Fest! I should have some good pictures. Hope you all have a good weekend, I’ll try and post again some time this weekend. Oh, I am starting to hear from some classmates that their friends and family are checking the blog out, hope I can help give you an insight into what they are doing! As I hear about it, I try to post a picture of one of them so their family can see them!

Me and Todd kicking it in our Essentials class! I told him I’d make him famous by putting him in my blog! Y’-all see what I did there? (Did I spell that right?)


Laundry facilities! Not sure if I posted a pic of these yet or not. They are always busy it seems!


Our flowers from the ceremony that was postponed, in the hall of honor.


4 comments:

  1. Are you going to keep doing your own laundry when you get home?! 😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fold!!! I can do yours also, if you don’t mind shrinking and color issues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is there a reef in the middle of that hallway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadie, that is a wreath for our memorial that got postponed. It’s a tribute to fallen officers.

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...