Monday, January 8, 2018

1st Day!

Woke up early in Stephens City and got a great breakfast from my in laws! It was so nice of them to have me stay with them before I had to report. They totally took care of me and it was nice to have some home cooked meals! Thank you Burseys!

It was nice to get going on this whole adventure. First day is about over! Got here about 10 or so this morning. Google Maps brought me in a back way that is no longer accessible on a gravel road. Felt like I was back on patrol for minute. Got all checked in and signed a few forms here and there. Made a few trips to unload my stuff in my room. Got my uniforms-kinda-still need some pants. That line was long and took a while. I’ll put a photo below of my clothing (3 of pretty much everything).

I have a room mate, he wasn’t here every time I was in my room-we finally hooked up later in the day. Great guy from Escondido CA. Suite mates are also good guys. One of them used to work for the Iowa DCI, so we have some mutual connections. Small world!

Another small world connection is my good friend Scott, he used to work with me when I first started and he and I had some crazy cases back in the day. He moved to San Diego and was hired as a Deputy out there years ago. His boss is in my class!!!

Also ran into my two Iowa people that are here. Good to see them and have that connection. Amy even helped me with my combination lock (so I forgot how those work...). Thanks Amy! I know she reads this!

I am a bit overwhelmed with everything that is going on. I am a routine person and I hope to get into one as soon as possible. I have a bunch of other things to report, but I am saving those for some other posts.


Here is my dinner tonight-still learning the food process here.


Here is my uniform-$420 so far...


My awesome kids and wife packed me some stuff to open each week, this was the first one! Treats, pictures, notes, and some interesting facts about beer! Well played Sarah, well played!



Front of the building-large building to the left is my dorm-5th floor!




More to come tomorrow! Thanks, A

5 comments:

  1. Those Oreo things almost didn't make it in the envelope! Seems like college, part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting glad you are doing a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya I was about to eat those wen we were packing them in the envelope!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...