Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Tuesday!

A full day of classes and more assignments being passed out! Everyone I can think of has multiple papers, journal entries, final papers, and presentations to give! There is enough work to do for all of us! I am finding myself trying to get organized and getting into a routine/flow.

If you are coming here and you haven’t done homework or college type classes recently, be prepared to get back up to speed. MLA/APA documentation is in a lot of what we are doing. I think I’m getting it. I also have a ton of reading assignments to get caught up on. I’m not complaining, I’m just keeping Sadie informed of how important reading and writing are ;-).

The best parts of the day are our conversations with others. I am learning a ton from people here. I am surprised daily by ideas others have and how they manage their offices. It’s humbling to be with these people, they are hugely important to their agencies.

Got my mile in the pool this morning, I’m at 5.5 miles now, feeling ok!

11,785 steps = 5.58 miles (consistent! Ha)

Best part of my day though is PT! Walked into PT class room to Iowa’s very own Matt Hughes taking care of biznass! This was part of “putting fire in our belly” before our workout! It worked. We also got some valuable information about some useless calories (drinks) and how alcohol affects us strength wise after you consume more then 5 drinks. Our instructor is very knowledgeable and relates well to us. Our class loves him and his style of motivation.

Today’s workout was single arm floor press-work to a heavy 3 reps each arm. Work to a heavy 3 reps unsupported lawnmowers.
After that in the gym with a kettlebell (35lbs for me). 5 swings, walk with straight arm extended over head to the end of the mat, then 5 goblet squats and then walk back, same arm. 5 mins on 1 min rest, then 5 more minutes with our other arm.

Lunch



This is where we put our back packs while we eat. It fills up!


A picture taken here at Quantico...we run through the woods on the Yellow Brick Road at the end. This bear better watch himself!

5 comments:

  1. Eli wants to know why the bear needs to watch himself. He also says to write he wants a Lego set. Haha! I can't figure out what's on that screen! Lunch looks good! Healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool bear daddy! I miss you1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you guys too! Tell Eli that bear needs to watch out because I might eat him if we cross paths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to complete your blog. It is very informational. I am scheduled to attend session 272 and while reading your blogs, find myself looking forward to the session more and more. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem! I will try and add some advice here and there for people like you, I wasn’t sure who was reading this. You stay safe also!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...