Monday, January 15, 2018

2nd Week Starts

First weekend is over and it was a long one with the holiday! Many of us agreed that having the long weekend so early in our session kinda stinks, but I didn’t hear anyone complain about another day off!

I spent the weekend in Richmond with by brother in law and his friends. It was great to see all of them and hang out again. Last time I saw most of them was his wedding.

Got back to Quantico nice and early Monday and was able to get my haircut just off the back gate. Was cheap and good. Glad she asked me if I was a Marine first, otherwise I would have gotten the standard haircut.

Once back in NA I went for a swim, but I only got a half mile today. I was feeling sluggish. Ate some lunch with the room mate and then busted out some homework all afternoon. Got a few papers done, still have a bunch to go. Many of my instructors are cool about turning in assignments early. Makes total sense so they can get them graded earlier as well. I am trying to do things early, makes life a lot easier down the road.

Went and ran some sprints with a buddy and did some interval training before supper! Two workouts in one day, going to try and do that a couple of times a week.

Ate dinner and then FaceTimed with kids. Was a nice relaxing weekend. Had some great conversations with others about how they do things. I am learning a ton from the people here. It’s humbling how good some of these people are at their job. I feel fortunate to be here.

Back to school tomorrow!

11,556 step = 5.47 miles

Monday envelope that the kids and Sarah packed for me! I really look forward to opening these!



Dinner Monday night. Not bad!



The Fancy Biscut from Richmond, solid breakfast



The outside of Veil Brewing. Really good spot if you like craft beer!



My BILs Pebbles Shake!



The weekend crew in Richmond! Was really nice to hang out with these guys, thanks Robby!

3 comments:

  1. You’re calling dinner supper now?! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun with the guys. Food looks really good. Love Sadie’s last line. Sounds like you are soaking in each and every experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said supper? Oh no...it’s happening! Thanks Linda, so far soaking it all up!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...