Friday, January 12, 2018

1st Friday-One Week Down!

Friday! A pep in our step as we head into a 3 day weekend and we are done with our first full week! Classes went well today. I am excited about the Media class I am taking that is teaching us about the use of social media for our departments and how to control the message. I hadn’t really thought that much about this kind of stuff, but it’s got me thinking!
Found out I will be going first in my Violent Crime class for presentations. I dug out a doozie of a case to present that I worked on many many years ago. Should be fun. I like going first, gets it out of the way.
Best part of the day was PT! We met with our instructor and got his unique philosophy and I am totally on board! EJ O’Malley is a beast and I look forward to the challenge. He threw down some goals today and I am lucky to report that I met a few of them already, but I am looking forward to going past them.
I swam this morning and this evening! 2 a days!! Got in a total of 1750 meters. There are several us doing the blue brick and we have figured out the math 1095 laps to get to 34 miles. 1095 down and back lengths. I have 95 as of today...that’s depressing haha. I’ve got time I guess.
This weekend a lot of people who live within a few hours of here, drove home. A large group of guys is going to DC tomorrow night and getting a hotel and doing all the sights up there. I am heading to Richmond with my BIL and his buddies-really looking forward to that.
Woke up early after a short night at the Boardroom. Hopped in the pool and got a whole mile in! Assuming everything continues, I should be able to get the blue brick with out to much trouble.
I’ll see you guys next week!
14,508 steps = 6.50 miles
Here is a picture of my media lab. Learning a ton of stuff in here! Really enjoying it.



Lunch-I has eaten the almond rice already before I took the picture, sorry! Carrots were solid.



A classmate alerted me to this. He asked if I was related, I don’t think so, but it gave me pause. The wall of honor here shows NA grads who have died in the line of duty, there are several on the wall. Even us desk jockeys are in harms way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...