Saturday, March 24, 2018

Home/Reflections

Graduation was over a week ago and feels like it was months ago already. Pretty much all of my classmates are home and I’d estimate 95% are already back to work. I wouldn’t expect anything less from this group. They are an industrious, hard working, salt of the earth group of people. I was consistently blown away by the caliber of people in my session. If you are going to the NA, I’m going to guess you will have the same reaction. There aren’t many gatherings of law enforcement professionals in the whole world that are more impressive then an NA session. You will see.

So the last week is pretty relaxed. You have one final day of class on Monday where you let the instructors know how they did or what they should do differently. Tuesday is Yellow Brick Run-tons of fun. Wednesday is rehearsal for graduation, Thursday is family day, and Friday you are done! Most people move out of the dorms starting Tuesday and Wednesday. You don’t have to be at much after that. So if your family is coming, get a hotel close to Quantico so you don’t have to battle traffic to get here for your mandatory stuff. Make sure you book this early, those rooms fill up fast for the last week of your session with everyone's boss and family coming to see them graduate.

Traffic getting in and out of the academy is pretty tough on graduation day, so make sure you and your family get here early. Seating inside of the auditorium is pretty full, beg borrow and do whatever you have to, to get tickets for you family. Remember, there is an overflow area for guests that has plenty of room, so everyone who comes will get into the academy.

Now that I have been back to work and reflected on it a bit, I am sad that I won't be seeing these guys every day. I am glad to be home, but I am already missing the NA and all that it offers. If anyone has any questions or needs any advice about going, feel free to email me. I'll do my best to help.

Thanks to all of you for reading and responding. I was completely shocked by how many people told me they were reading this blog. The stats on the back end weren't wrong I guess!

Be safe! Thanks again,
A

These guys were great.


My team!


5:00 am Blue Brick Crew! We struggled together!


An idea of how crowded it gets during graduation.


I am very proud of our session for raising the most money ever by an NA session during our silent auction. It was a tremendous effort and speaks volumes about our session. We beat the last record by well over 8k I think!


Me a few days later-on vacation! Sorry, I couldn't resist! If you must know, I was on my way to a massage on the beach!


Just to be fair, this was me last Friday driving across Indiana and Illinois on my way home. Talk about a change of scenery.

3 comments:

  1. Great read AI, it was fun seeing what you were up to out there. Glad to have you back. We need to grab a beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, thank you for the insight. Has been good to follow and learn from your experience ahead of Session 272.

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...