Thursday, March 15, 2018

Goosebumps 

Today was so much fun! I had a great time visiting with classmates as we showed my family around the academy. My kids loved it and it was nice to share it with my wife. Now she finally had an idea of what I was talking about for the past 3 months.

I have goosebumps. I can’t believe this journey is almost over. I feel sad, accomplished, refreshed, nervous, excited, slightly anxious. Real life is coming quick.

I wanted to be here and I would say that 95% of the people here wanted to be here as well. That makes a difference. I felt it in our discussions, I saw in the presentations. People here are no joke, they earned this and deserved it. They gave it the effort it deserved. I am honored and humbled to be in the presence of so many quality professionals. I’m blown away by the level of talent here.

At the same time...I am ready to go home. I will miss not having to shop, clean, or take care of everyday things like cooking! But I have neglected my family long enough, I owe them for their sacrifice in the biggest way. I need to make up for my absence!

 For those of you that are coming here, I have tried to leave you some practical advice in other posts. I want to make sure that you take advantage of everything here, so I want to tell you this: DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN. Sign up for it all, no matter what. You have one shot at this experience and it is difficult to get her, so you owe it to those who didn’t make it, to try it all. Do all the extra stuff you can, go on on the trips you can, eat all that crazy stuff on International night...live a little! Enjoy it, you owe it to yourself and your department.

Right before I got here I got a new radio as a part of our radio project. I plug it in every night to charge, when it goes in, it’s red. In the morning it’s green. It works, right? One day I plug it in and it turns yellow...I think, oh crap, this thing is already broken. I didn’t mess with it, I just left it, it was yellow for hours! I finally looked it up, the yellow means it is re-conditioning the battery for maximum life and charge. That’s what the NA is. I have been re-conditioned to last the long haul. My batteries are recharged and it’s time to get back to work. First though...I am going on a little vacation haha!

Take care, thanks for reading, and if any of you need anything from me or my area, please let me know! Ask any questions if anyone is coming here in the future. Take care and be safe!

Adam

Steps 13,002 = 5.77 miles


Out for the last dinner!





Classic!


So good to have these guys here today!

1 comment:

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...