Wednesday, January 17, 2018

1st Challenge Day

Every Wednesday is a Challenge Day here at the NA! All of the challenges are themed to the Wizard of Oz and culminate in week 9 with the famed Yellow Brick Road. Each week we do a different challenge, with all 225 of us! Today was the Tin Man Trot, a 3 km run around the FBI Academy. It was a brisk 23 degrees outside, a slight breeze that cut right through us! It was great. I especially loved the people who don’t get snow or cold weather, they were bundled up!
It’s pretty impressive to see that many people running as a group and encouraging each other. I am looking forward to the next one! I hear they get much harder though, today wasn’t tough.
If you are coming here and there is a chance of cold weather, bring running tights/gloves/hat/compression shirts whatever you need to keep yourself warm. You can wear your workout uniform on the outside of it.
We had individual and section pictures this afternoon. It was funny to see everyone today all clean shaven!

Pin/Patch/Coin night was tonight also. Was great to hang out with everyone and pass out some of my boring patches! I got some neat ones from other people though. I also passed out some koozies, we were out of coins before I left.

A classmate posted this to our Facebook page! If you are coming here, create your own Facebook group, it’s a good way to share info and make plans with the group

Steps 16,632 = 7.70 miles (includes 1.7 mile run)

Tomorrow I will post patch night photos.


Section 3 after our mile run last week! Front row right side!!!


2 comments:

  1. Are you in the group FB picture? We couldn't find you. Ha, 23 would feel warm to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you in the picture. What is the age limit there?

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...