Thursday, January 18, 2018

Seminars Started!

Another day at the NA! Started off with my swim, I was tired today but got it done. Had a good discussion about the future of law enforcement as it relates to the 21st Century Policing study in our leadership class. It is interesting to hear the different points of view from all over the world in these discussions. What some places can do and what they can’t. The funny thing about all of these productive talks are that deep down we are all very similar!

We started our session wide seminars today. Our first speaker was outstanding. He was the incident command for the Lancaster County Amish School House shooting over 10 years ago. He gave us his perspective on the whole event and how it went from a law enforcement perspective. It was riveting and everyone in the room was locked into his story. I had many discussions with others after and we all agreed that this was a powerful presentation. Give your kids a hug. If you don’t remember what happened, a quick Google search will get you up to speed. It gives you perspective to hear about these tragedies.

Last night was pin and patch night. That was great, see below for a picture. If you are coming here, make sure you have enough patches for your entire class! Also, plan on reading and writing every night for homework. I can’t comment on the overall toughness of the course yet, but I am putting in some time working on stuff. I’m learning a ton and it doesn’t feel like work at all.

My friend Luke mailed me some cookies today! It has been a big hit amongst the people in my class!  Thank you Luke, very thoughtful of you and they are great!

I forgot to add my steps yesterday, so here they are! 11,552 steps = 5.47 miles.


The gym lockers are small and assigned. You don’t really need a lock I don’t think. I live out of this one and use it a few times a day.


Patch and Pin night last night, these were the coins I got!


These are the patches! Some really neat ones, over 100!

Marko, from Estonia!  A bad dude! Fast and fit and all business. He actually asked for the selfie! Haha

2 comments:

  1. What are you going to do with all of those patches?! Very cool. So nice of Luke...they look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have a BIG BIG! vest to put all of those patches on like my girl scout one!!!?

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...