Saturday, January 27, 2018

Birthday Weekend

Friday was a light day, we got out early and didn’t have a last class scheduled that day. We also found out that we will have that same schedule for our long weekend in February, which will allow some people to get home Friday instead of Saturday.

After class I took off for Baltimore to hang out with Robby, Lucy, Charlie (BIL/SIL/Neice) and Bob and Linda (In Laws). It feels good to get out of here. I got stuck in traffic north of DC though and it took me a long time to finally make it to B-More. I made a quick stop at Aslin Brewing-phenomenal beer and grabbed a couple of 4 packs to bring with me!

On Saturday we went to Fan Fest for the Baltimore Orioles. It was neat, I had never been to one of those sort of things before. You can get autographs and see your favorite players up close. The lines were long though, so not sure if it’s worth it. The highlight of the fan fest though was getting a tour of the locker room area at Camden Yards. The gym in there is tiny, especially compared to what we have here at the FBI Academy. The lockers were neat, Adam Jones has 3, the most lockers. We weren’t allowed to take pictures in there. The dugout was cool and the view from behind home plate is not something a lot of people get to see. All in all, I liked the tour the most.

We spent the night in at Robby and Lucy’s house and they were nice enough to make me a dinner and a torte! It was all so good. I wish I had known about the torte ahead of time, I would have went lighter on my dinner! I also had a box there from Sarah and the kids! So thoughtful. Inside was Double Hop Skewer (only my beer nerd friends would know what this means) and some chocolate chip cookies. My wife makes better chocolate chip cookies then you do. I’d bet on it.

Sunday morning I headed back and worked on some homework. I need to buckle down on the important stuff, but I need some guidance. The classes seem designed so you can’t work too far ahead. It makes sense, otherwise we might all be going nuts here at the end! Steady work though, always have something I can do.

Pictures below. Talk to you all tomorrow!

Kids had a birthday envelope for me! It had hugs and kisses!  Also had their handprints, attached to strings to replicate a hug! Very thoughtful.



Gifts from Sarah’s family!


Selfie at Orioles Park at Camden Yards!

Fan Fest opened up Camden Yards for the day. Clubhouse was really cool, no pics allowed.

Dan and I in Media class! Suite mate and Midwest homey!

Grabbed a few beers from here. Outstanding brewery if you are into craft.


One more pic of Camden


3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday...sounds like they took good care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he brings some of that candy home...!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...