Thursday, March 8, 2018

Winding Down

Thursday was tough for me, I was as tired as I have been in a long time. The first night of the triathlon kicked my tail in a big way. I cramped bad in the pool so I spent all day today drinking Gatorade and water in an effort to better hydrate myself. I have low energy and my legs are slow and heavy. I’m struggling with the idea of doing this again, let alone a 3rd night.

I was able to sneak a short nap in around 2:00pm, that seemed to help, but I didn’t feel like I even got any sleep. We are almost all done with classes and our discussions are now about what we are going to do once we get back home and what can make the NA better.

2nd night of the triathalon went much like the 1st for me, I survived and I only added 1 minute to my time. I would have thought I would have added more based on how I was feeling all day, but I guess I pulled it together a bit. Yeah, one more night.

The Yellow Brick Road is in doubt due to the wind storm last week, they have a ton of trees down and the Marine Corps is in charge and are saying it’s closed. We are fearing this! Most of us want to do the YBR, for traditionals sake, if we can’t do it, the PT staff has an alternate plan! The PT staff is not a fan of the YBR and they want to kill us....haha, with a whole new tradition. We will see.

Reality is setting in, we are close to be done! I noticed a class mate cleaned out his locker...sad! We had our last PT session with EJ and that was sad too. A really solid instructor who cares about his class.

Tomorrow is Friday and Day 3 of the triathalon! Saturday we are doing a big visit to Arlington Cemetary.

Dinner after night 2 of the triathlon


Don’t judge me, I needed another piece of chicken! And a couple of beers at the Boardroom!


Day 1 results. Marco is a beast and so is Tina!!!

Snagged a pic of Gavin snoozing between classes!


PT the other day

Pool workout!  Was tough!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...