Sunday, February 11, 2018

NYC Trip #epic 2of2

We didn’t get home till after 10pm-it was a long, tiring, eventful weekend, but well worth it.

Worst part was that my poor little boy was sick with the flu. My poor wife (who is basically a single mom) had to take him to the ER and didn’t get home till after 1am. I feel guilty having the experience of a lifetime in NYC and being gone for months while my wife is having to do everything back home. It’s a tough spot for your family when you are here.

My advice on this to have these conversations before you get here. Have a good plan for when your spouse needs help. I feel truly that I have one of the best wives ever, she handles so much already. It’s tough not being able to help them when they need it.

9/11 Museum was just as moving as the Holocaust museum. It’s a must stop for anyone while NYC.





We went up to the 75th floor, but the fog limited our view. Still a great experience. We could see enough to get the idea.

Chris thinks if he holds on, he won’t fall out of the window. He’s a touch afraid of heights!

Did a boat ride out around Manhattan and went to the Brooklyn Bridge. Some of us on the PD boat and some on the FD boat.

Lady Liberty. Eli loves the Statue of Liberty.

The NYFD were awesome guys. Had a nice conversation with them. One of my classmates was invited to come back this summer and let his daughter come on a ride. Guy even gave him his number so he could text him, genuine.





3 comments:

  1. Sadie said she heard Lady Liberty is holding an iPad! Ha!

    You should get the number...we could take the kids there this summer and go for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I cant believe Chris is scared of heights! Even I am not scared of heights and I am way younger than him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s not an iPad!!! Silly girl. Chris laughed when I told him you are braver then he is!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...