Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Lions Leap Challenge

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy Wednesdays around here? They are the easiest days. We workout and then usually it’s something interesting in the afternoon.

Today was the Lion’s Leap Challenge, which is a 5k around the campus. Fun was had by all! Weather was a bit of an issue, cold and dark out, but the rain held off for the run. I finished in 23:30, not bad for someone that doesn’t run really. I hit the pool after to ge my swim in.

The afternoon was spent at the Marine Corps Museum, great place if you get a chance to go. Its a very nice place full of history. You don’t realize how badass the Marines are until you get some of their history. After the museum we met with General George Flynn (Retired) and he gave us some stories and pointers. Seems like a really down to earth guy!

Wednesday nights are karaoke night, so I had to go down and check that out!


Before the run! Borrowed from a classmate!


After the run! Borrowed as well. Look at 271 and I’m just above it a couple of rows in the middle!

General George Flynn (Ret.) addresssing our class.

Me and Scott, my work out buddy. Not a bad guy for a Trooper! ๐Ÿ˜œ


Marine museum. Awesome place!




2 comments:

  1. Very cool statue in the last pic! Why didn't you pose with the photo prop (soldier body)?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What songs did you sing??

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...