Friday, February 2, 2018

Four Weeks Down

Started off my day in the pool..again! Got well over a mile in today, felt great and made good time. I’m going to try and do 2 miles in 1 shot one of these days this weekend maybe?

Full day of classes, all went well. Working on a few group projects with some class mates. They are all presentations and trying to figure out how we are going to do it. Work never stops. I had Media class today and we spent the day discussing the affects of the public and how they are becoming the media with smart phones. Saw some pretty nasty videos on people not being nice to the police...meanies.

I had my Violent Crime class today also. That was a good class, we are presented a murder and within 2 hours we have it solved! Just like on TV. It makes you think and ask questions, promotes some good discussions and some wild theories. I enjoy it. The pics are...um...interesting!

Finished my day with some PT with the great Mr. O’Malley. We did striking (punch, elbows, knees) for 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off...for like an eternity. Felt great! I hit the linen exchange and dropped off my dirty stuff and picked up clean stuff at lunch. Nice not having to do that laundry!

After that we were done for the day. A group of us went to Kim’s Barbershop (take a right at CVS out of the back gate and they are in the strip mall on the right). See the picture below, worth it to get your haircut there!

After that we hit up a local Korean restaurant and I had some Bulgogi-I haven’t had it in a while. It was above average but not outstanding. It’s just nice to get off the base and eat some different food.

Sounds like the weather isn’t going to be nice this weekend, so no big plans. With all of our homework starting to ramp up, I think I am going to buckle down and get a ton of stuff done this weekend if I can. I am going to have some special visitors to the academy Sunday though! Stay tuned for that!

Have a good weekend, stay warm! Peace, A

Steps 11,504 = 5.24 miles. I am going to have to get my step count up!

This is Chris, he’s my roomie and he’s always cold! California blood is thin.

Dinner at Bulgogi-Korean Restaurant. Was solid.


Apps!  Kimchi etc...


Barbershop! About 10 classmates showed up to get their haircuts. You get a hot towel, straight razor, and a massage, plus a haircut for $10!!  Worth it.


Picture of 1/3 of the gym. We spend a lot of time in there this winter.

1 comment:

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...