Monday, December 25, 2017

The Drive to Virginia

The drive to Virginia went well. We have made this trip at least a dozen times over the past several years! My wife’s family lives near Winchester VA, so the FBI NA works out well for me. I also have my brother in law in Baltimore and my Uncle in Washington DC. It will be nice to spend extra time with all of them on the weekends.

We left Waukee around 6:20am and we stopped for the night outside of of Columbus OH almost exactly 12 hours later. We like to try and knock out as much as we can (with kids) and that leaves a short drive for the next day. The kids did great on the car ride! We must have stopped about a dozen times, when a 4 year old tells you he has to go potty, you stop!

Little bit of pool time at the hotel, a decent meal, and we were on the road the next day. About 6 hours more through West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia. Having lived in Iowa for so many years, I really love this part of the drive. It’s nice to see mountains and curves in the road.

For the next couple of weeks I will be hanging with family around Baltimore, Winchester VA, and DC. I will check in as it gets closer to NA time!

The point of these early posts are so I can learn how this works! Posting pictures has been challenging so far. I’m hoping I get better at it!

One last thing, our route. I suggest this route because I find it to be quicker and less tolls then other routes.

From Central Iowa:




I-80 to Davenport




I-74 to Indianapolis




I-70 to Columbus through Wheeling WV.

From there, depends on where you are going, but this route seems to work well for us.


Sunrise on the way. 


2 comments:

  1. Our kids are rock stars on long road trips! 👫❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on your route to Columbus! My in-laws live there and we used to drive that overnight when I was working night shift. It is an easy drive and no tolls! Hope your vacation goes well ahead of starting the NA!

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...