Friday, December 22, 2017

First Post/Test Post

Well, here we go! First post to see how this works and if it reaches the people I want it to hit!

The purpose of this blog is to connect first and foremost with my kids, Sadie and Eli and my wife Sarah! I am going to miss them terribly I think. I would guess after a few weeks they might even miss me too? At least I hope they do!

I'd like to keep them informed about what it is I am doing. I have been talking to the kids for months about this trip and what is going to happen. I'm pretty sure they get it. I had a conversation with one of our Reserve Deputies today. He told me that his wife met my wife and Eli at the YMCA earlier in the week. His wife said that Eli within minutes told his wife that his Dad was going to the FBI to become a better cop! haha, that story cracks me up because I can hear Eli saying it in my head. He isn't shy and when he gets a bit older we are going to have to have a chat about sharing too much information. ;-)

We are all packed and pretty much ready to go. I'm not sure I have everything, but I guess I can go and get what ever else I might need or I can just go without. We are going to spend the next two weeks in Virginia and Maryland visiting Sarah's whole family, all of her old friends, and my Uncle and his family. We make this trip 2 times a year for the most part, so we are getting to be pretty good at it.

In a future blog, over the next week or so, I will share a bit more information about what it is I am going to be doing. I am attending the 271st Class of the FBI National Academy. It's basically graduate school for senior level law enforcement leaders from across the world! I'm both nervous and anxious to get going!

For now though, we drive for 2 days with two young kids...pray for us! I'll be in touch,
A


2 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you to have this opportunity and look forward to following you! See you in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids will have fun following you! Hope you have a great time and that it goes by quickly! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...