Sunday, March 4, 2018

Week 9 Begins!

Monday is busy around here! All of these new baby agents and analysts are making for some long lines in the cafeteria. Not to mention, the NAA is holding their meetings with our home chapters this week. This is the busiest I have seen this place yet.

Today started off great, we did our Media class final project, a press conference. I was the Chief of Police in my group and we had to give a press conference on a pretty bad scenario, they are all bad of course! Your classmates then acted as the press and they grilled us, very practical and a good test I thought. I had fun and we got great feedback. I owe a few classmates later on this week though! ;-)

After media class we attended a program to honor the lives of 4 former NA grads who died in the line of duty. 2 of the 4 were from the 263rd class, just a few years ago. Over 70 members of the 263rd class came back for this ceremony and that was moving. It says a lot about the bonds you form while you are here. The roommates of each that had passed gave great speeches and I felt as if I had an idea of who these men were. It’s puts life in perspective, we aren’t typically on the front lines in our assignments, yet anything is possible.

Having some people from back home here has been a nice surprise. I know both of the reps here from Iowa from before and one of them (Jeff) is a good friend of mine. Last night they took the Iowa group here out to dinner to the Globe and Laurel. I have made a conscious effort to keep this blog positive and upbeat, but I can’t when it comes to the Globe. It was by far the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. I won’t go into details, I just don’t feel like it. If you are coming to the NA, stop in there for a drink one night, walk around, check out the memorabilia, just don’t eat there.

Big Kevin, from Ohio!  He is always smiling and in a good mood!


Ceiling at the Globe and Laurel


A very rare filet at Globe and Laurel and some pretty crappy instant mash potatoes. Disappointed


Entrance to the NA Store, pretty cool


Our group at the Pentagon


Hallways of the Jefferson dorm, where the execs stay! Ha. It’s more hotel like and ours is more dorm like. If you are coming here, don’t expect these accommodations


No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...