Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Law Enforcement Memorial #2

The highlight from classes today was the presentation from Chief John Belmar from St Louis County Police Department. He gave us some great insights on the Furgeson incident from 2014 that has been a defining moment in modern law enforcement. His point of view and perspective were something I think we all learned from. It was pretty much a consensus from every one I spoke with in our session that he did a great job.

The other big event of the day was our night time ceremony at the National Law Enforcement Memorial. It as a pretty somber event. Many of chose to read names of those that were on the wall. I read Justin Martin, Shawn Miller, and my good friend Sean Wissink’s name. As you might recal, we had been scheduled to do this ceremony earlier in our session. I did a previous blog post on it if you are interested.

Tomorrow is Wednesday...which means another challenge and one step closer to the Yellow Brick Road! Check in tomorrow for that!

Steps 15,339 = 6.88 miles

The wall.



My friend Sean Wissink. RIP Brother.

#271 Lined up at LEM


That’s a hawk, injured wing. No worries, animal control will take it to a place that will nurse it back if possible.

My dinner, fish tacos! Corn was spicy!

Front of LEM

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...