Saturday, January 20, 2018

Bonus Post! Saturday


On Saturday 8 of us made a trip to Mt. Vernon (George Washington’s estate). It was a really cool trip that I would recommend to anyone in the DC area. It was only about 30 minutes from Quantico.
I learned quite a bit about ole George. He was rather tall for the time and sounds like he treated people very well. He resigned from powerful positions twice to turn it over to others, which they explained didn’t happen very much at that time in history.
The house itself was impressive, very large for the time and very well thought out. The most impressive part was the back and the view of the Potomac. I could see why someone would want to build a house here.
Sunday we worked out and watched football in the cafeteria area. It was really fun to watch the playoffs with people from all over the country and get their perspective. Back to work Monday!

12,834 steps = 6.1 miles

Front side of the house. Huge estate, the picture doesn’t do it justice.

Lunch!!!  I can’t begin to describe how glorious it was to eat some king other then cafeteria chicken and salad. It was like we have been in Survivor for the past two weeks. Everyone ate all their food!

The back of the house. Could sit in those chairs for hours.


The view from those chairs looking south.

My classmates. I’m standing next Theresa from San Diego SO. Small world moment, she is the boss of a good friend of mine that used to work with me!  Small world huh? Other departments represented in this picture are Coranado, Escondido, Rock Island (IL), Akron, and Morocco!

Selfie in front of the house

1 comment:

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...