Thursday, March 1, 2018

Week 8 Almost Over!

I am starting to become blown away by the number of people who are reading this...I should probably  concentrate on sending some better messages out! Every day it seems someone comes up to me and tells me they saw my blog or their wife saw it. I hope it is helping some of you understand what your significant other is doing out here and I try to get pictures of people for their loved ones to see them in here also. So if you read this and you haven’t seen a picture of your loved one yet, let them know and have them reach out to me, we will make them famous!

Ok, time to get semi serious for a minute. Enough isn’t said for how important your family life is while you are here. To be married to LEO is tough enough, we aren’t the best at this stuff and stats will back that up. To be married to one and then have young kids while you are basically gone for 10 weeks is even harder. If you are coming here, start having these conversations. It is hard for me to be missing everything back home and I feel guilty that my wife is basically a single parent.

My wife is rockstar. Hardest worker I have ever met by far. She has never backed down from anything and pretty much handles her business at all times. Me being gone for this long though, that was a test of her sanity! Luckily we have great friends and family who have helped us a ton with grabbing kids, taking them here or there when needed etc. I am fortunate and blessed to know these great people who have helped us out so much. I am also grateful for my wife, she is a legit bada$$ (Sadie skip this word! ;-))

I’m not sure how people did this without FaceTime? Ok, so make sure your home life can handle this before you come. If you have young kids, you need to go home or have them come here at some point. It’s worth it trust me.

Today was an easy day, I only had 2 classes. After class I participated in the FBI Combine! I only did it because they give you a shirt haha! I competed in the events and I felt good, but I was humbled! I finished in the middle of the pack. The hardest event was the pull ups at 115% of your body weight, I only got 1 of those. Like I said, the shirt was cool!

How hard is this note on a guy? This was in my cookie box yesterday, makes me choke up!


Nestor and Steve! They saw the blog, so I put them in it!


Lounge area in the Jefferson dorm. The FBI trainees use this mostly.


Post office doors. This is under the cafeteria. Bank and store are to the right, out of the picture.


Not sure this picture does it justice, but the halls are long here!


What I look at everyday at my desk!

1 comment:

  1. Love Sadie’s note. Good idea preparing others for the challenges that they will face with their family life. As for Sarah, she has been like that since Day 1.

    ReplyDelete

It’s Been A Year!

One year ago I was 4 days into my NA experience....I had no idea what was going to happen from there, but now that I am a year removed I can...